Thursday 3 November 2011

Just a Thought ...

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade right?

This is what I said to myself last night when preparing dinner. I don't have much currently in the way of kitchen appliances or stuff and found myself trying to chip carrots for frying with a large meat cleaver.

I've never been able to 'chop chop chop' with big knives at high speed like chefs and trying to hold the large blade like a small veg knife just wasn't working and frankly, I was fearful for my fingers.

So I stopped, I had a think and then stood a piece of peeled carrot, not unlike a tree branch in shape, upright on the chopping board, stood back and started axing my carrot as if I was making firewood.

It worked, and it was a heck of a lot more fun than I normally find preparing carrots to be.

Now I just need a check shirt and a chain saw and I'm ready to tackle the spuds ...

My New Kitchen Knife